Level 3 Wheelchair Dance Instructor
This intensive residential, wheelchair dance related course for individuals who have completed level 2 instructor course and who wish to progress the fundamental skills of wheelchair dance sport, and apply these to competitive situations, or grow the development of wheelchair dancing to a wider area of dance. Candidates must be the age of 18+. The candidate must hold a Level 1 Instructor qualification in wheelchair dance sport. This Training session will be delivered in 2 stages.
- Stage 1 – Is a 4 day course and will cover the awareness of the instructor to be able to identify problems and issues, develop more detail understanding of medical knowledge in the positions of wheelchair dancers as well as developing more in-depth understanding of 4 more dances.
- Stage 2 – is a 5 day course in which you recap all of the work you did in Stage 1 and then start learning 4 more additional dances. On the last day of stage 2 you will be required to complete an examination.
At the conclusion of the course, this award will enable the Instructor to:
- plan a series of wheelchair dance sport sessions;
- prepare the instructor environment for the delivery of instructor sessions;
- deliver a series of instructor sessions to develop competitor technical performance as well as develop wheelchair dancing techniques;
- monitor and evaluate instructor sessions;
All candidates will receive the WDSA (UK) Level 3 candidate pack containing guidance on all content covered on the course and Wheelchair Dance Sport Level 3 Instructor certificate. They will also have support from the WDSA (UK) instructor section on the website.