Level 3 Wheelchair Dance Instructor
This intensive residential or day return course is available for individuals who are aged 18+ and have completed the level 2 wheelchair dance sport instructor course and the minimum WDSA (UK) CPD requirements.
The course will be delivered in 2 stages.
- Stage 1 – Is a 4 day course and will cover the awareness of the instructor to be able to identify problems and issues, develop more detail understanding of medical knowledge in the positions of wheelchair dancers as well as developing more in-depth understanding of 4 more dances.
- Stage 2 – is a 5 day course in which you recap all of the work you did in Stage 1 and then start learning 4 more additional dances.
On the last day of stage 2 you will be required to complete an examination which will be practical, theoretical and observational.
At the conclusion of the course, this award will enable the Instructor to:
- plan a series of wheelchair dance sport sessions;
- prepare the instructor environment for the delivery of instructor sessions;
- deliver a series of instructor sessions to develop competitor technical performance as well as develop wheelchair dancing techniques;
- monitor and evaluate instructor sessions;
All candidates who pass the course will receive a number of benefits including a detailed pack of key scripts and information, certificate, public liability insurance and will continue to have access to a wide range of support from the WDSA (UK) team and services.
Following the completion of this course the instructor will be required to send reports and other key documents as requested by the WDSA (UK) team.
For more information on the WDSA (UK) level 3 instructor course email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 30 45.