Level 2 Wheelchair Dance Instructor
This course is a 5 day residential or day return course, and is broken in to three areas practical, theory and observational with an exam at the end of the week.
The course is suitable for parents, teachers, physiotherapists, individual disabled people and dancers and ex dancers, who wish to develop and start their own wheelchair dance group or who would like to support an individual to be involved in wheelchair dance sport.
At the conclusion of the course the Level 2 Instructor will have:
- general theory work on establishing a wheelchair dance group.
- practical experience in wheelchair technique and terminology.
- medical theory on how different disabilities occur and how they will present to you as an instructor of wheelchair dance.
- wheelchair dance terminology including time and rhythm in dance and what characteristics are required in each dance.
- understanding of duo, combi and group and formation dance
- understanding of different types of wheelchairs
- an awareness of conducting a safe session.
- contribute to the evaluation of an activity session.
All candidates who pass the course will receive a number of benefits including a start-up pack, certificate, public liability insurance and will have access to a wide range of support from the WDSA (UK) team and services.
On completion of this course Instructors will receive there first years affiliation included in there welcome pack. After that first year, all instructors to continue their affiliation and access all the WDSA (UK) support, CPD courses and information will need to pay the agreed affiliation cost each year.
For more information on the WDSA (UK) level 2 instructor course email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 30 45.