Wheelchair Dance Lessons
The WDSA (UK) wants to ensure that all individuals are able to dance and through the WDSA (UK) network we are able to achieve this goal of enabling all disabled people to access wheelchair dancing or wheelchair dance sport.
This can be done through joining our local branches, groups, partners for their weekly dance sessions. These are run by licenced WDSA (UK) instructors and will be lots of fun if you want more information on your local group please click on Find a Branch.
Wedding Dance Lessons
As a national provider of wheelchair dance and wheelchair dance sport, since 2006 we have been leading the way in providing dancing lessons for disabled couples who wish to have the first dance at their wedding, we have done this by designing the below guide to help you decide what you want.
Wedding Dance Lessons Guide
For everything you need to know about your wedding dance lessons, see the WDSA (UK) Quick Step-by-step Guide to your dance lessons below.
What is involved with your wedding dance lessons?
The first dance song:
- You tell us the song you want to learn a dance routine to
- If you can’t decide between a couple of songs your wedding dance instructor can help you decide
- If you have no idea we can discuss options with you.
- You may even decide that you do not want to dance, if that is so we can discuss display dances we can do for you. If you do want to do this go to booking section of the website
The dance experience required:
- No previous dance experience is required
- It is really easy for non-dancers to be taught how to move around to the music
- You’ll be amazed at how quickly you pick it up
The dance routine & dance style:
- Traditional, Fun, Romantic, Fast, Slow… You choose!
- We will create a routine suitable for you. Easy, straightforward or complicated, it’s up to you.
- The dance style will be appropriate to the song you choose
- The routine we create for you will evolve with your input, so you won’t have anything too hard to do, or that you are uncomfortable with
- The routine will also be designed with the bride’s dress in mind and what your capabilities are due to your disabilities.
The dance lessons time-frame:
- You can have any number of lessons from a single 1 hour lesson upwards.
- Lessons can be once a week, or fortnight, or whatever suits you.
Where and When do your first dance lessons take place?
- We have instructors all over the UK, so we’re happy to come to you.
- The lessons will take place in an area you organise
It will need to have space for 2 – 4 wheelchairs, if not let us know and we can look to book something but this would be included in the price.
- The lessons mostly take place in the evening and weekends (we can do weekdays too of course)
- You tell us when you would like the lessons and we’ll fit in around you
- The more notice you can give us prior to your wedding the better.
Our Prices and First Dance Packages available
- We have a range of packages that we feel optimise the best for you and your partner.
- You can have a 1 hour trial lesson if you’d just like a taster, or if you’re not sure if it’s for you. You can also attend a branch and see what it is all about before doing the lesson.
- You can however have as many, or few, hours as you like
All prices are a rough guide and we would confirm with you once we have more detail on what you are looking for.
- Standard Package of 5 hours – £375.00
- Intermediate Package of 3 hours – £275.00 (2 x 1.5 hour lessons)
- Last Minute Package of 2 hours – £150.00 (1 x 2 hour lesson)
- Trial Lesson of 1 hour – £75.00
- Extra Hours – £75.00* per hour
*Note: This is for any previous booking of 2 hours or more.
If you show proof that you are on income support we can offer discounts please let us know.
Please book by emailing email@example.com.